Tuesday, March 22, 2011

A pedestal

Seeing this post last week made me think of a similiar piedistal I refinished at about the same time as the below shelves.

I do not find any before-pictures, but it was a plain wooden piedistal with some water stains on it.

I wanted to experiment a bit with colors and so I painted it in a blue-green shade, almost like old copper. It was quite a nice color, but it was to hard to match with anything, because it was neither bold enough to stand on its own or subtle enough to blend in.


So I gave it a brushed on coat of white on top and got a distressed look that I like quite a lot. Naturally, it could have been better, but it was my first try with that technique, so don't judge to hard. 






1 comment:

  1. Hi~

    Thanks so much for linking to my K.I.S.S. blog bash last week, I so appreciate it. I like both colors on the pedestal, its simply a nice piece. I have also linked this to a new page on my blog "Furnishings". Please drop by Sunday & link up more of your creativity to this weeks K.I.S.S. :)

    Drop By The Tattered Tag

    ReplyDelete

I hope that you like my blog and will become a follower. Thank you so much for commenting, every single comment brightens my day!