I am planning our garden wedding that is to take place in less than four weeks while at the same time working 10-hour days.
I never thought I would give up blogging at this time, but I really have to. There is not time to take and post pictures of all the preparations the way I want to, and I will just have to take a little break. I promise a full report afterwards, and hopefully some occasional posts along the way.
I am really sorry for this, but there is simply not enough time.
Wednesday, June 8, 2011
Here is another post that is a bit overdue. I find it difficult to keep up with blogging at the moment, because most of my times goes to wedding preparations. We are getting married in July and will host the whole event with 100 guests at home, so there is a lot that needs to be done.
But let me show you our new bannister.
We have two entries to our house, which is another of those weird things about the house plan that I do not get, and they are placed right next to each other. This one enters into the mud room, and while I totally get the point of that, the mud room is just very small and it is not working very well because if one enters this way with dirty clothes, there is a fair chance that it will rub off to some of the clean clothes. So, not very practical.
I suspect that this entrance was added later, because the stairs are not quite finished, and a while back I decided to finally put up a bannister around it. I had been thinking about it for a long time, and finally I just decided to get going and see how it would end rather than procastinate it any longer.
I used really long screws to fasten the poles from below. I am certain this is not the recommended way of doing it, but it worked.
I gut the overlays sideways to create nice angels and was very proud when they actually fit!
This is what it looked like once in place. It is a bit skew, but we fixed it with some more screws.
Painted white. Of course.
I think it blended pretty well with the other entrance. I still find the whole concept a bit weird, because what we really would need is a big roof and all that outside the "mud room entrance" so that we can take off the dirty clothes and shoes outside, but it really doesn't make sense to build another one like that so close to the first one.
A bit skew, but.... it's not so noticeable in real life.
This is one of those projects that I am so satisfied of having finished. I debated for so long how to tackle it and in the end I am just glad I did something, even if it is not perfect. I might replace or re-do it some day, but it definitely works for now.
Posted by Evergirl at 09:42