Sunday, May 8, 2011

Shelves in the sunroom

I hope the weekend has been great! The weather here is fantastic and I have spent a lot of time in the garden, and finishing the painting of the deck.

This time of the year and hopefully for the months to come we spend a lot of our time in the sunroom.

We often eat there, and we often have a barbecue and I thought it would be convenient to have some china, glasses etc outside, so I added two shelves. They are simple ones from IKEA, the console is called Walter, and the shelves are the simple wooden ones (I do not know the name), which I painted white and had Darling to put up for me. I am good at many things, but putting up shelves is really not my thing.


I also added this fabric to cover the cables, coal and radio that is hidden behind. I actually bought the fabric last year, but never got around doing it and then the season ended and I just forgot about it. The other day I finally sewed it and hanged it. I added two metal loops and then first tried to hang it on a simple string, but that didnt work as the string would expand when I tried to knot it in place. After some very mature pulling the tread and screaming at it like a five year old (what can I say? Decoratin sometimes definitely brings out the worst in me.) and some help from Darling I instead used a thin metal wire which went a lot better. 



I know stars are almost everywhere right now, but I still like them. I think they add such a clean touch to everything. The pot is from the local thrift store and the small mugs was found at a sale some months ago. They are a little bit too small for my liking - I am a tea drinker and prefer to have a bigger mug, but they are perfect as decoration.


Linking here.

1 comment:

  1. This all looks so pretty! I bet you will so enjoy that area even more now that you have it decorated so beautifully.

    ReplyDelete

I hope that you like my blog and will become a follower. Thank you so much for commenting, every single comment brightens my day!