Tuesday, May 10, 2011

Garden signs

You might have spotted these little sign in my garden post. 

They were really simple to make, but makes a big difference in the patch. And it will be nice to know what is actually growing where, because previous years we have completely forgotten.


I found some left over wood and sawed it into little pieces. I would have loved to use older wood that had turned gray already, but I did not find any. I think these ones will turn grey in the end so they will have to do.

Originally I planned to add a stick to them, but when I found these really huge nails, I decided to be lazy and just use them. It worked out great.



Then came the tricky part of having to write on them. I first tried with a small stick, but had to give up and go get a proper brush. 


All finished.



The other day I spotted some radish, carrots and rocket salad, so I think things are growing according to plan.



Again, very simple to make, but they make the vegetable patch look so much nicer.

(I will be linking this to A beachcottage tomorrow)


6 comments:

  1. Great signs - and such a good idea!

    Pomona x

    ReplyDelete
  2. Wow! You must have quite the garden! I don't have much of a green thumb, unfortunately. Great blog!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Your signs are very clever! It does make it nice to know what you are gowing when you want to have a nice salad or some veggies! I'm not to good at growing things, not consistant with the watering part!
    Rebecca

    ReplyDelete
  4. What a great idea. Love the way your garden signs look. thanks for the tutorial. I'm visiting by way of A Beach Cottage Party.
    Hope your day is great.....

    ~Emily

    ReplyDelete
  5. Your garden looks very pretty and organized.

    ReplyDelete
  6. Looks like you are going to have a lot of veggies at harvest time :) Great idea with the signs. Thanks for stopping by Beach Cottage Good Life Wednesdays and adding your link.

    ReplyDelete

I hope that you like my blog and will become a follower. Thank you so much for commenting, every single comment brightens my day!