Tuesday, April 26, 2011

The "church"

I hope you have all had a fantastic easter. Mine have been spent with sunny days and a lot of work in the garden. It's been lovely and I will share some projects soon, but first something else.

I have unintentionally broken the most important blogging rule of all - I promised to share something that I then forgot. Or, to be honest, I did not forget, but I wanted to snap better pictures and constantly forgot it (since I am in the house only during the weekends, I can not just snap a picture whenever I remember it).


It's now more than a month since I shared the before pictures of our living room, aka "the church", and now - finally - here are the pictures of how it looks today.



(That is not really true, because I have already re-arranged things a bit and I realized I had to share these pictures before they too became old.)


I really did not like this room when we moved in and because of the high ceiling I was not sure how to paint it. For almost a year it looked like an impossible project, but then eventually, we had some profesional help and the room turned out brilliantly. 



If you look at the before picture, you can see that we also changed the bannister. The official reason was because we wanted a touch of New England style, but the true reason is that they seemed to be a pain to paint. I am very happy that we did change them though, because not only do they look great, they were also something of the first that we built together for the house (basically Darling building/creating them and me paiting).



Quite a difference, isn't it? And yes, that mirror is huge!


(I'll probably link this to abeachcottage - as usual on wednesdays)

15 comments:

  1. Great job! And I love the honesty in "The official reason was because we wanted a touch of New England style, but the true reason is that they seemed to be a pain to paint.", haha.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Drop dead gorgeous!!!! I love an all-white room. And that mirror is perfect for the space. :)

    Thank you for stopping by TPH! Hope your week is going well. :)

    ReplyDelete
  3. WOW! That is really incredible! You really did a fabulous job on this total transformation, Marcia

    ReplyDelete
  4. You've done a wonderful job with the room, well done. Love all the whiteness! Glad you added your link to Beach Cottage Good Life Wednesdays!

    ReplyDelete
  5. It‘s so nice that I found your blog about your link on 'Between Naps on the Porch'. Of course I’ve scrolled a little and like what I see. Now I’m your newest follower! ;)

    Take care
    Tine

    ReplyDelete
  6. That is just amazing. I love the soaring ceilings and those floors are amazing. Thanks for sharing with my newbie party.

    ReplyDelete
  7. Looks great, I am always amazed at what a little white paint can do. Thanks for sharing.
    Visiting from DebbieDoos Newbie Party

    ReplyDelete
  8. What a beautiful space you have now. The white ceiling is so much better and the large mirror is perfect to reflect all that beauty.

    ReplyDelete
  9. Wow, gorgeous! The banister looks much better and I love the mirror. Great job!

    ReplyDelete
  10. Gorgeous GOREGOUS! I love it all.. Can't wait to see more :)
    Im your newest follower..
    Tana

    ReplyDelete
  11. Happy Monday~

    What an awesome transformation!! Found your great blog via Debbiedoo's, happy to be your latest & greatest follower. :) I invite you to dropy by & link up to my fun & inspiring blog bash K.I.S.S.

    Drop By The Tattered Tag

    ReplyDelete
  12. How beautiful! Love the white look.. the ceilings are great. Over from MM. I am your newest follower.. hope you will stop by and see me.

    ReplyDelete
  13. oh my gosh, that looks amazing. i love the new banister, it just opens up the space so much more. fantastic job!

    ReplyDelete
  14. Your new chapel looks amazing! I love the mirror.

    ReplyDelete
  15. I love the make over. My most favorite thing is the ceiling. I love it glossy. Another favorite thing is the bannister. What a difference. It all looks beautiful.

    ReplyDelete

I hope that you like my blog and will become a follower. Thank you so much for commenting, every single comment brightens my day!