Wednesday, February 23, 2011

Vintage shopping

I went vintage shopping the other day.

We are getting married this summer and we plan to host the wedding ourselves, in our garden. I am hoping for sunshine, but I know we will have to prepare for rain just in case.

We found most of the china at IKEA, but for the glasses, the coffee cups and the dessert plates we wanted something more special and we decided to try to collect "vintage" or second hand china. I went on my first real search a couple of days back and was happy enough to find a lot of nice cups and saucers as well as many plates. It was harder to find glasses, especially wine glasses, but we still have several months to go.


Most of the china have roses or other flowers on them, and I think the final result will be gorgeous. I am so happy about this find!

1 comment:

  1. Congratulations on your up coming wedding!
    Using vintage china and glassware is a wonderful idea! It will add a lovely and special touch to your tables.
    Rebecca

    ReplyDelete

I hope that you like my blog and will become a follower. Thank you so much for commenting, every single comment brightens my day!